Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Failing Because of Frustration

This evening, I spent hours working on a homework assignment that I wasn't able to complete. The reason I was unable to complete the assignment was that part of the assignment required impartial critical thinking on a controversial topic which I personally find highly frustrating. Because I got frustrated and angry, I was unable to think clearly, so I wasn't able to complete that part of the assignment. Fortunately, I'm doing well enough in that class that I don't think that failing on this one part of this one assignment is going to negatively affect my grade in any noticeable measure, but the moral of the story is that we need to learn to control our emotions. That is, I believe, one of the purposes of mortality. If we cannot learn to control our emotions, including our frustrations, that may cause us to fail in other, more eternal, areas of our lives as well.

No comments: