Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Family Media Time

Today, I had several opportunities to spend time with family, and we spend much of that time watching a movie or playing video games. That was fun and good, and I think it helped us bond at least a little bit, but I think that, while media can give us an excuse to spend time together, it can also reduce the quality of the time we spend together. I think we would have bonded more if we had talked with each other instead of watching movies or playing games. Still, if not for those movies and games, we might not have gotten together at all. I think that enjoying media together as a family is a good thing, despite the fact that other activities might be better. Almost any excuse to spend time with family is a good excuse, even if the time we spend together is mostly spent enjoying media.

No comments: