Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Learning from Mistakes

Whenever something doesn't go as well as I would hope, I sometimes think (sometimes obsessively) about what I might have done better. Case in point, last Saturday, I supervised my first day of cleaning the church building. Thankfully, I had a lot of help in preparing for that day, including being given a PDF of an assignment sheet that would be very helpful. Or rather, it would have been helpful, had I remembered to print it out. But of course, I realized that I forgot to print out the helpful assignment sheet, and I kicked myself about it for about half an hour after that. However, each and every misstep we make is, or at least can be, a learning experience. We can learn from our mistakes and use them to make us wiser. Next time, I'll make sure I have one of those assignment sheets with me, and I'll continue to look for other ways to do better, both with in my calling and in other areas of my life. Nobody's perfect. We all make plenty of mistakes. What's important is to learn from our mistakes so we can do better in the future instead of getting hung up on past and present mistakes.

No comments: