Sunday, December 8, 2019

Knowing One's Own Weakness

I suppose that there's value in knowing one's own weaknesses and limitations. For example, I know that I get frustrated sometimes, especially when I'm tired. This information is useful to me because it tells me that I need to be extra careful how I interact with people at night. Knowing about this weakness allows me to watch out for it so it doesn't get the better of me as often.

Still, it'd be better not to have the weakness, but knowing about the weakness helps with that, too. Knowing what the problem is is a step toward determining the cause(s) and finding a solution. In this case, I can try to avoid people at night, perhaps by going to be earlier, so I don't have an opportunity to get testy with them. I could also make a habit of applying deep breathing exercises at night, especially when interaction with others is unavoidable. If I develop the right countermeasures and apply them consistently enough, I can practically eliminate this weakness, but I need to acknowledge and understand this problem so I can find the right solutions.

Of course, I'd rather not have this problem, but as long as I have this problem, it's good for me to know about it.


1 comment:

motherof8 said...

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
Ether 12:27
We need to remember to also pray about our weaknesses as well as do all we can to recognize, understand, and overcome them.