Thursday, September 10, 2020

At the Top of Their Wishlists

At the top of my mother's wishlist (and probably God's too) is a message that goes something like this:

* * * * * Most of all, I wish to know that my children and grandchildren
1) have testimonies of Jesus Christ and His restored gospel,
2) are living good, happy, useful lives, and
3) like me
4) love and support each other.

These are good things to want, and while I'm not doing perfectly at all of these all the time, I'm happy to say that, in general, I'm doing pretty well with this list, and I regularly strive to do even better.

Actually, come to think of it, we already know what God's wishlist looks like. The items on that list are called Commandments, and at the top of that list, you'll find these two:

Matthew 22:37-40 
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

 That's what's most important. Love God. Love each other. Live good lives. That's as simple as the Gospel gets. So, to show my love for my Heavenly Father and for my wonderful mother, I'm going to try to live the best life I can and show and strengthen my love for both of them and for everyone else.

Love is important. So important, that the best people I know put it at the top of their wishlists.

No comments: