Thursday, September 3, 2020

My Ideal Self's Traits

I would like to become a better person. I would like to grow and improve as a person until I become my ideal self. At first, I thought I could do this by imagining my ideal self and then acting like that person until I become that person. However, there's one problem with that: I can't do it. I can't imagine my ideal self. I don't know what an ideal version of me would look like. I don't know who I want to become.

Yet, I do know some things. I know some of the traits that my ideal self possesses that I do not. I know some traits that I have that my ideal self doesn't. For example, I may not know exactly how brave my ideal self is, but I know that he's braver than I am.

And, knowing that, I already know enough to start to become more like my ideal self. I know which traits to develop and which ones to diminish.I may not know the full list of traits I should develop or diminish, and it's possible that I've put a few traits on the wrong list, but it's a start. And right now, that's all I need.

I don't know exactly where I'll end up once I've become my ideal self, but I know where that is well enough to take steps in the right direction.

No comments: