Monday, September 28, 2020

Lowering Ladders

Today, I read a story about a woman, Jocelynn James, who, with God's help, turned her life around 180 degrees and then went on to bless others' lives. I want that to happen in my life. I would like to grow the way she has grown and then to help others to grow the way I will have. Perhaps that's part of the reason God gave me the obstacles I have: so that when I overcome them, I can help others do the same.

Sometimes, when people achieve success, they pull the ladder up after them, but Jocelynn did the opposite, and I want to follow her lead. She scaled a cliff and lowered a ladder down behind her, and I want to do the same. I want to help others have a less difficult time overcoming the challenges with which I am currently struggling. As I learn to overcome my challenges, I hope I also learn how to help others overcome theirs. 

I want to overcome my challenges. And when I do, I want to help others overcome theirs, too.

No comments: