Friday, September 18, 2020

"I Can Change"

This morning, I almost wore a shirt that says "Donating blood... is my super power" and depicts the three most famous members of the Justice League, plus a person who, evidently, had just given blood. However, I knew I was going to the Temple later today, and I figured that that shirt wasn't reverent enough to wear at the Temple, even if you are just going to sit on a bench on temple grounds, so I grabbed an Institute shirt instead. But then I saw that my mom was wearing her "super power" shirt. I commented on it, and we considered the possibility of us wearing the same shirt, so we could match. At some point during that conversation, I said "I can change," and shortly afterward, I considered the profound implications of that phrase.

We can all change, and not just our shirts. We can change our minds and our opinions. We can change our attitudes and our hearts. We can change our decisions and our habits. Ultimately, we can change our lives and destinies. Of course, none of that is as easy as changing our shirts, but it's still possible. We can change. We mostly just need to decide to change and then put in the necessary effort.

This morning, I changed my shirt. Over time, we can change our lives.

No comments: