Tuesday, October 29, 2019

One Thing that Scares Me (and the Only Way to Escape It)

One thing that scares me is that God is very good at keeping records. He knows everything. He remembers everything. And everything will come up again in the not-distant-enough future. Every dumb thing I've ever said or done, every mistake I've made, every bad decision, and every sin I've committed will all come back to bite me. God has kept painfully meticulous records.

Yet, there is one way to get God to forget about some things. There's a way to get past missteps stricken from God's records. I can make it so certain mistakes don't continue haunting me, but only if I repent. Repentance is the only way to make sure our sins, mistakes, and bad decisions don't come up during Final Judgment.

There are a few events in my past that I would rather forget, and I'd rather that God forgot about them also, and the only way yo make that happen is to repent.

No comments: