Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Our Unpayable Debt

This evening, my family read Mosiah Chapter 2, the beginning of the King Benjamin Address. There are many blogworthy lessons in this speech, but for tonight, I want to focus on our unpayable debt. King Benjamin points out that, in the first place, God created us and gave us everything we have, so we owe Him literally everything. And we can't even work off that debt because, whenever we serve God, He repays that service with blessings. There's no wonder King Benjamin said that, even if we served God with our whole souls, we would still be unprofitable servants.

Luckily, God doesn't care about profits. He cares about us. He gives us gifts because He loves us and wants us to be happy, even if we can't pay Him back. I thank God for being so generous and for asking so little in return. I hope that I can pay His generosity forward, even in my own, limited way, especially since I know that I can never adequately pay Him back.

No comments: