Friday, October 25, 2019

The Help of Family

I am thankful for my family. Today (and tomorrow), my family was (and will be) a big help to me in helping me fulfill my calling as the Building Cleaning Coordinator. My job as the Building Cleaning Coordinator mainly involves rounding up volunteers and then supervising and assisting them in cleaning the building, but this week, I wasn't able to get many volunteers, and I was feeling pretty stressed out about that, among other things. Thankfully, my family volunteered to help me. We got a good deal of the work done today, and we'll get the rest of it done tomorrow, with the help of the other volunteers. The other volunteers and I would have had a hard time getting all that work done without the help of my family, so I'm really glad they helped me when I needed them.

I'm lucky that I have the family that I have. I know that many other families aren't as helpful as mine. Yet, we're all part of the same heavenly family. We are all siblings in spirit, and we all have the same Heavenly Parents. As a family, we should help each other, and we can all call on at least a few of our heavenly family members for help. Even those who have no one on Earth who's willing to help them can call on their Heavenly Father, their Savior, and the Holy Ghost (to whom I'm sure we're related somehow) for help. Of course, that help may come in different forms, as each family member helps in their own way, but it's comforting that the help of family is available to everyone, whatever form that help takes.

My family has helped me and will help me with transportation and physical labor. I frequently help my family with physical labor as well. Families also help each other by offering each other guidance and emotional support, among many other things. I'm sure that you have family that helps you, if only because your Heavenly Father and His Son help you in ways that are absolutely necessary and that no one else can. I hope that you have a mortal family that helps you as well and that you help them in return, because that's pat of what families are for. Families are supposed to help each other. I'm glad my family does.

No comments: