Saturday, October 5, 2019

Spiritual Observation

During Elder Bednar's talk this afternoon, he did what I sometimes do (and often used to do) on my blog. He took a situation he observed, pulled several spiritual lessons out of the situation, and shared those lessons with the world. He also openly encouraged us to do the same, to consider the situation with the cheetahs and the topis and see what spiritual lessons we can learn from that situation. That's something that I fully intend to do, and not just with the cheetahs and the topis.

I want to go back to my roots with my blog. I want to blog about situations I've seen and the lessons that can be learned from them. I want to keep my spiritual eyes open and see more of the spiritual messages God scatters along our path. Like the guy I met the other day, who only barely managed to catch the bus. I'm sure there are a few spiritual lessons to be learned from what happened to him. I'd like to find some of them and blog about them. Not only would that help me become a more spiritual person, it would also help me find things to blog about faster, so I won't end up staying up as late as often, which might help me be less cranky and irritable, which is a win for everybody.

This, combined with more physical activity and another one or two suggestions I've picked up from elsewhere, might help me feel more like myself again. I've been in a slump lately. Actually, I don't know how long I've been in it. But getting more physically and spiritually active might help me get back out of it. I've got a real good feeling about this. I've rediscovered several traits I love about the way I used to be. With a little effort, and a lot of diligence, I can regain those traits and become a better person for it. I don't want to count my chickens, but it's possible that I'm on the right path toward rebecoming the best version of me I've ever been. It's encouraging and exhilarating, and I partly have Elder Bednar and his cheetahs to thank for it.

No comments: