Saturday, April 18, 2020

I Am Not God's Enemy

Last night, I was terribly frustrated and even somewhat angry, because after all this time of fighting on God's side, I was crushed and frustrated to think that God might consider me an enemy. But know that I've had some time to think about it, I know that of course He doesn't think of me as an enemy. He loves me. He loves all His children. So, maybe the guide to the scriptures isn't doctrinally canon, or maybe I'm misinterpreting Mosiah 3:19, or maybe one of the other premises upon which I based my logic was wrong. Whatever the reason, I am now willing to accept that I am most likely not considered an enemy to God.

But I know who is. And I know that this individual would use any and every trick he can think of to try to make me an enemy to God as well.

The adversary is the one who is God's real enemy, and mine. The adversary is the one who tries to discourage me, frustrate me, anger me, and turn me against God. And I'm sorry to say that, last night, it worked.

The enemy tries to discourage us into giving up because he knows that as long as we don't give up, we'll win. That's his main playbook: Deceive, Distract, and Discourage. Last night, deceived and discouraged me, and that distracted me from the rest of last night's scripture study.

I won't let that trick work again. I know that, come hell or high water, God and I are on the same team. We may have our differences, and I certainly have my weaknesses, but that doesn't make us enemies. I am not fighting against God, and He is not fighting against me. We are allies, joint forces against a common enemy. And that enemy isn't me.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

Warrior triumphant! The war still rages, but you have won an important battle. This brings me joy.