Thursday, April 9, 2020

In Case This Doesn't Work

By the time you read this, assuming you read my daily blog posts daily, it will be the day of the Worldwide Fast to end the Coronavirus. I have mixed feelings about this. I think it's great that humanity is coming together (figuratively speaking) to fast for an end of the pandemic and its related issues, and I certainly hope it works, but I also don't want to put too much stock in it, in case it doesn't work.

Don't get me wrong; I know that miracles can happen. I just don't think that they can be depended on to always happen on demand. God rewards the prayers of the righteous, but not always with the blessings they ask for. Just in case this virus situation lasts longer than we hope it might, I don't want any of us to take that as a sign that God isn't listening or that He doesn't care. Jesus Christ suffered all of the pain, illness, discomfort, and inconvenience that the coronavirus is putting us all through right now. He knows how we feel, and He doesn't want us to suffer any more than we have to. Yet, sometimes, some suffering is necessary. Of course we can pray for this burden to be lifted, bur maybe there's strength that we still need to gain by carrying it.

I will fast for the pandemic to end quickly, but if it doesn't, I'm going to try to be okay with that. I know that God wants what's best for us. If "what's best for us" includes a prolonged pandemic, I'm sure He has His reasons, and I'm going to try to trust Him enough to accept "no" as an answer.

No comments: