Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Serving the One

My brother and I went on a bike ride tonight. It was supposed to be a community thing. My brother had planned a route, and he had invited lots of people from his neighborhood to join him. I was the only one who came. And, actually, I almost didn't go. But I'm glad I did. And when I got there and saw that it was only me, I almost told my brother that we could call it off. But I'm glad I didn't. My brother had already put in a lot of work, scouting out the best Christmas lights to see and planning our route. I didn't want all that work to go to waste, and I knew that my brother would be blessed for performing that service, even if the only person he was serving was me.

But of course, I wasn't the only person my brother served tonight. "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." My brother served the Lord tonight, and I'm glad I was there to see it.

So, give service. Even if you only end up helping one person, you will still be serving the One.

No comments: