Sunday, December 27, 2020

The Greatest Gift

My family has exchanged a lot of wonderful gifts over the last few days. It's been a lot of fun, and there's a lot of fun and joy to look forward to as we enjoy our gifts together. But at the end of the day, a handful or us watched a video reminding us that the first and greatest gift of Christmas was God's Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ. As wonderful as our gifts to each other may be, none of them can match the gift that God gave to us over two-thousand years ago. I'm thankful for the gifts I received today and yesterday, but I'm even more thankful for the gift God gave me before I was born and the gift Jesus Christ gives me every day, through the Atonement. Jesus' love is the greatest gift ever given to anyone on earth. My hope is that our still-pretty-great earthly gifts help us remember and be thankful for the greatest gift we've ever been given.

No comments: