Sunday, December 20, 2020

Still a Church Family

Our church had a Christmas Devotional tonight, and it was pretty nice. We had Christmas songs and the reading of the Christmas story, but my favorite part of the program was right after the end. After the closing prayer was said, just about everyone unmuted themselves and wished everyone else a Merry Christmas. Hearing everyone wish everyone else a Merry Christmas made me feel like I was part of a church family in which everyone cares about everyone else, at least enough to wish each other well. It was heartwarming. During this pandemic and quarantine, I've mostly been enjoying not having to go to so many social gatherings and meetings this year, but tonight gave me a taste of what I've been missing. It's nice to know that I'm still part of a church family, even if we don't meet together in person so much anymore. We're still there for each other in spirit, even when we can't be there with each other in person. There were no hugs or handshakes, but at least we were still able to wish each other a Merry Christmas.

No comments: