Monday, December 28, 2020

Warning Signs

The other night, I saw a phenomenon that I couldn't explain. It was a ring of light, a "halo," surrounding the nearly full moon. It looked incredible. At the time, I entertained the possibility that it was a sign from God, perhaps even a sign of the Second Coming. Whatever it was, I prayed, fearing the worst.

I now know that this phenomenon was a "22° halo" and that these events are actually fairly common, even more so than rainbows, which are also frequently interpreted as signs from God. Yet, despite the phenomenon's natural explanation and frequent occurrence, I think I was right to interpret this sign as a warning sign.

We are in the Last Days. We have been for some time now. I don't know how many "Last Days" are left. And regardless, any day could be any given individual's last. We only have a limited amount of time on this Earth, and it's constantly running out. Every winter, every new moon, every sunset, every hourly chime of the clock, is a warning sign that our time is running out.

I was right to pray when I saw the halo around the moon. We should always pray. We should always be preparing for the Second Coming. And we should always be ready to face the fact that any day, any moment, could be our last. Every sign that time is passing is a warning sign, urging us to repent and prepare while we still can.

This blog post is a warning sign. Will we heed it?

No comments: