Thursday, May 20, 2021

Birthday Service

I currently plan to spend part of my birthday doing service for someone I don't even know. And you know what? I kinda love this idea. I like doing service (so long as I don't feel overwhelmed or put upon by it), and I love to feel useful and valuable. The service will be physical work, which I enjoy, and I think the exercise will be good for me. The fact that I'm doing this for someone I don't know is the real cherry on top. I'm not doing this out of a sense of obligation because I have no obligation to whomever this person is. I will grant you, I may be doing this at least partly for the brownie points (I am blogging about it, after all), and it doesn't hurt that a friend of mine will be there too, but really, I'm looking forward to doing some simple, physical work for someone, just because I can.

My birthday is going to be a good day, and doing service for a stranger is going to be a good part of it.

No comments: