Sunday, May 9, 2021

Non-Monetary Gifts

I have a confession to make. I didn't buy my mom anything for Mother's Day. However, I think that's okay. There are many different kinds of gifts and many different ways to give them. For example, God has never bought me or my mom any gifts, but that doesn't mean that He hasn't given us gifts, and even though His gifts aren't physical objects, that doesn't make them any less valuable. God's gifts to us are intangible, often invisible, but still invaluable. Hopefully, my "gift" to my mom was valuable as well.

I didn't buy my acts of service at a store, and I didn't wrap them, but God doesn't do that, either, and His gifts are still wonderful. I hope my gift to my mom was acceptable, too.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

It was a sweet gift that you did all my animal chores on Mother's Day and then did the cat boxes again today. Service is a good gift which you give often. Also words of support and encouragement. Thank you. I love you and your gifts.