Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Peace in the Gospel

In his Saturday Afternoon Session General Conference talk, Not as the World Giveth, Elder Jeffrey R. Holland spoke, at least briefly, about the peace that is offered by God and that cannot be provided by the world. He spoke of challenging times and afflictions that would befall everyone, even the faithful, and he warned that the practices of the world were more likely to do harm than good, but he assured us that, through the Gospel of Jesus Christ, we can each find personal peace, regardless of the afflictions we face in the world. I'm grateful to have such a clear and simple path to peace as following the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I still sometimes struggle, as we all do, but I know where I can turn for help in my struggles, and I know that, through the Gospel of Jesus Christ, I can ultimately find peace.

No comments: