Friday, May 7, 2021

"Faithful, One-Hundred Percent"

Tonight, my family and I watched two musicals, both performed by casts of kids, including two of our nieces. One of those musicals was Seussical, in which Horton the Elephant does everything in his power to protect a tiny world and an abandoned egg, despite serious setbacks. As he faces these challenges, he sometimes recalls his promises, saying "I meant what I said, and I said what I meant. An elephant's faithful, one-hundred percent."

It is difficult to reach that level of faithfulness, and it's even harder to maintain it when setbacks and difficulties occur, but this gives us something to strive for. We should all strive to be perfectly faithful to our promises and covenants. And when we fail, we should repent and strive to do better.

Horton's example of faithfulness was impressive, inspiring, and a little daunting. It's not easy to be that faithful, but we should all strive to be "faithful, one-hundred percent."

No comments: