Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Faithful Despite Doubts

A lot of my thoughts right now are somewhat blogworthy, but perhaps too weird or doubtful for this blog. It might be interesting to explore the question of whether or not clones have souls, but I don't think it'll give anyone anything practical that they can apply. And I'm not sure whether or not it's wise to dwell on my doubts and questions. Naturally, the faithful answer would be to abandon my doubts and live by faith, but I seriously question any individual or organization that discourages critical thinking. However, that same kind of critical thinking kinda lead me back into having faith. The gospel is either true or false. If it's true, then it's important to live the gospel, and if it's false, then it's just another way to live, not necessarily any better or worse than most other ways to live. Thus, it makes sense to live the gospel, either because it's true, or because living the gospel is just as valid as not living it. Of course, this conclusion may just be me taking the easy way out. I'm continuing to live the gospel, or at least try to, partly because this is how I was raise to live. Had I been born Catholic, I'd have stayed in the Catholic church. Still, I'm a decent person and I'm a member of what seems to be a decent church. Here's hoping God's not going to judge me too harshly for staying on a decent path.

No comments: