Monday, May 31, 2021

Facing Physical Limitations

Today, my brother and I went for a bike ride. It was nice, except that it was hot and sunny, and I got sunburned and overwhelmingly tired. Since then, I have rested somewhat, but I still need a good night's sleep (or more) before I feel ready to take on any more physical challenges.

Our bodies are amazing, but they have their limits. I appreciate how much I can do with and for others, but I look forward to the day when I never have to work about sunburns, leg cramps, or exhaustion ever again. Having a perfect body will be really nice.

In the meantime, I will work with what I have, do what I can, and respect my body's limits. My body can do great things, and I'm thankful for that. But for now, so long as my body is mortal, I need to respect its limits and give it the rest it needs to recover.

No comments: