Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Recharging

Sometimes, when I'm feeling angry or frustrated, I try to discharge that negative energy. I imagine myself channeling that negative energy into my hands, and when I have it sufficiently concentrated, I imagine myself blasting that negative energy out of my body like a lightning bolt. Sometimes I aim for a car or a streetlight, or I just shoot the negative energy out a window. It helps. But tonight, I discovered something else that seemed to work: discharging, but backward.

I call this new method "recharging." Instead of focusing my negative energy and shooting it out, I focused on positive energy and pulled it in. Strangely, the energy I imagined still took the form of lightning, and once I pulled it into myself, I felt reenergized. Imagining pulling positive energy in actually helped me feel like I had more energy -- enough to write this blog post.

Still, I know that "recharging" is no replacement for doing things that will actually reenergize me, like getting rest, drinking water, and eating decent food. I should do all those things, too. But in clutch moments, when I just need a little bit more energy, I now know one more way to try to draw it in.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

I should learn that!