Tuesday, September 7, 2021

A Random Encounter

Life's not always a lot of fun. There are chores and errands and work to do, and there are challenges that come up and cause additional problems and/or make our existing work more difficult. One such challenge arose in my household tonight, but as I told my friend about it, I didn't phrase it as a problem. I phrased it as a random encounter.

Lots of life's problems and challenges can be made more tolerable when one thinks of them adventurously. Chores can become adventures. Errands can become quests. And the challenges that arise unexpectedly can be random encounters, like a goblin ambush, or a bandit raid, or even a dragon attack. They, of course, may be challenging, but we can rise to the challenge, overcome the problem, and press forward in the pursuit of our quest.

Perhaps it's silly to think of life this way, but it's more encouraging, more interesting, and a lot more fun.

No comments: