Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Balancing Productivity and Relaxation

Perhaps in response to feeling overly stressed, I have forced myself to slow down with my homework, to make use of more of the time that I've been given, to pace myself, and to try to relax, unwind, and keep calm, at least in the evenings, even while I try to make steady progress during most of the day. And I think it's working. This morning/early afternoon, I wrote a 1269-word draft of an assignment, and then I spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing and playing a game with some friends. I had a balanced, productive, relaxing day today, and I plan to have a similarly productive and relaxing day tomorrow.

It's possible that I won't be able to keep up this exact balance forever. My workload will increase, requiring me to spend more time working, but for now, the balance seems to work. I can make good progress on my work without running myself into the ground, mentally or emotionally. I'm not sure what I'll do when my workload increases, but I'll figure it out. No matter how much work I have to do, I'll find some way to balance productivity and relaxation and how to get my work done without driving myself insane.

No comments: