Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Unwinding

The last couple of nights, I've had trouble reacting badly to stress. Tonight, after a fairly stressful most of the day, I decided that unwinding was a better decision than pushing myself to try to complete a project tonight. I don't know how I'll feel about that decision tomorrow morning as I try to complete the project, but as of this moment, I stand by it. Completing the project tonight was not as important as trying to retain my ability to be a decent person. How we act is far more important than what we accomplish. I will need to complete this project within the next few days, and I'll try to complete it tomorrow, but I'm going to try very hard not to stress out about it. I don't like who I become when I'm stressed out. So, while I continue to work on this project, my other homework, and the other work I have to do, I'm going to try to take it easy, take breaks, breathe deeply, and unwind. Sure, it's important to get my work done, but in the grand scheme of things, it's more important to retain my ability to be a decent person.

No comments: