Monday, August 30, 2021

Randomly-Selected Inspiration

This afternoon, during the prelude (and, admittedly, maybe a few of the talks), I rolled some digital dice to choose random numbers between 1 and 341. I did this to choose random hymns to look at and find inspiration in. And it worked. I found some good inspiration in the hymns I read an hummed to myself this morning. I've done something similar with The Book of Mormon, rolling digital dice to choose a semi-random chapter to look at, and I often find something inspiring when I do.

Granted, I don't know whether that's because God has a hand in deciding where the digital dice land or whether there are so many good messages in the hymns and scriptures that you can probably find one on just about any randomly-selected page. Either way, it works, and I'm glad it works. I'm grateful for the messages I've found in the hymns and scriptures, no matter whether I was led to them or whether I stumbled upon them truly at random.

No comments: