Thursday, August 12, 2021

Awesome Patches

I don't suppose you've heard of Dove's Beauty Patches. If you haven't, you can look them up on YouTube yourself. Along the same lines, I've picked up a set of Awesome Patches, and I told my friend about them, and he was kind enough to tell me that I'm awesome enough without them. And I must admit, he's kinda right about that.

People are awesome, or at least, we have the capacity to be. We can do awesome things, if we set our minds to it. I can be awesome, with or without the patches, if I make up my mind to be. That's partly why I play D&D, to get into the practice of being someone awesome. That's why I wear the patches, partly because they help me be awesome, and partly because they remind me that I can be awesome.

I will admit, patches like these are something of a crutch. They're like training wheels. They're something you use until you don't need to use them anymore. But I find them helpful. I'd like to be more awesome than I sometimes feel like being, and these Awesome Patches of mine are helping me become the kind of person I want to be.

No comments: