Thursday, August 26, 2021

The Spirit of the Temple

As is somewhat habitual for me on Thursdays, I spent part of the day at the Temple. Even when the Temple is closed for cleaning or Covid-related reasons, I like to visit the Temple, if only to connect with the Spirit there. I feel the Spirit more strongly at the Temple than anywhere else, and it's nice to know that, even when I struggle to feel the Spirit at other times or in other places, I can often feel the Spirit there.

The Temple is a special, sacred place, and one doesn't need to be able to go inside the Temple to feel that. The Spirit of the Temple extends far outside the building and can extend into our hearts, if we let it. I am thankful that I am blessed when I visit the Temple, and I am glad that I chose to connect with the Spirit there and bring it home with me in my heart today.

No comments: