Monday, September 27, 2021

Defining and Achieving Success

Earlier today, I wrote a short essay about someone who achieved a good deal of success by staying true to their vision and by having their own idea of what success meant to them. See, we don't all have to have the same goals. Some people want to gain money or muscle mass, some people want to lose weight or bad habits, and some people want to gain friends or a set of collectible items. People have different goals. And when people accomplish any of their various goals, they can say that they were successful, at least at accomplishing that goal.

Now, there are multiple keys to accomplishing one's goals, but the one I want to focus on right now is the importance of maintaining focus. In order to reach a destination, you need to have a destination in mind and take steps that get you closer to it, but that's only possible so long as you remember where you're going. People get lost without landmarks to follow. Granted, one's habits can carry them for a while, but without a clear goal in mind, it's possible to run out of the motivation to maintain those habits. By keeping your focus on your goal, you can guide yourself and motivate yourself to take the steps that will get you closer to achieving your goal.

I'm glad I was able to learn and write about such an insightful person today. I'm grateful for the reminder of how we can define our own success and how we can achieve it. And I'm glad that I know what goals I'm striving for and that I'm motivated to take the steps to get there.

No comments: