Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Post-Work Rest and Recreation

Regardless of whatever my blogging history may suggest, I like to do my homework as early as possible, both to make sure I have time to do it all and to try to make sure I have time to relax after the work is done. It feels nice to have my work done and be able to spend the rest of my time however I choose. I feel the same way, on a smaller scale, when I manage to blog before the late evening.

I wonder if I'll feel the same way at the end of my life. After Final Judgment, after all my mortal labors are done, I wonder what comes next. Will I go straight into my Eternal endeavors, or will I have time for some post-mortality rest and recreation first? I suppose I can only hope.

And I can enjoy my free time here, while I have it. As long as I can get my work done quickly enough, and meet my goals with time to spare, I'll at least have some time that I can spend as I please. Work is, of course, important, but what I like best is the time when I get to relax and play after the work is done.

No comments: