Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Coordinating: If You Can't Escape It, Embrace It

As much as I might work to escape the task of coordinating in my calling as the Ward Building Cleaning Coordinator, I find that I can't escape the task in other aspects of life. I've coordinated visits, shopping trips, and daily chores. I've initiated communications, made and relayed requests, and delegated tasks. And, frankly, it hasn't been all bad. Maybe it was because I already knew those whom I was working with, and maybe it was because the tasks and visits were things those people already wanted (or at least were willing) to do, but coordinating these activities with these people hadn't been as stressful as I had feared they would be. Perhaps coordinating is a job I can willingly do after all. Maybe I can set up sign up sheets, make assignments and phone calls, and manage the work of the volunteers.

It's still true that I'd rather vacuum for a few hours each week than spend an hour each week making phone calls, and I'd rather do the work myself than rely on others to do it, but I've learned that I can coordinate when I have to, and it's not too terribly arduous when I do.

No comments: