Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Nuggets of Gold

One thing I want to do more is to look for the good in the world and not get mired down in everything else. There are nuggets of gold in almost every pile of dirt, if you look for them hard enough. There's good luck even in the midst of misfortune. There is goodness even in those who do bad things. We can have joy, even amid tragedy. There are kernels of truth even in some stories, teachings, and ideas that are untrue. And there is wisdom in listening to others, even those who seem foolish.

I imagine there are even messages of value in these blog posts of mine, even though they're mostly the ramblings of a young adult, each with rarely more than an hour of thought put into them, almost all written late at night, when the author is tired. If you can learn something from me, we can learn something from everyone.

Heck, even the geo-centrists are part right, when we consider that there is no universal frame of reference, so that, relative to the earth, the Sun seems to revolve around it. And the flat-earthers are also close enough for most intents and purposes. Sure, I could focus on what they get wrong, but I don't want to be the kind of person who does that. I want to be the kind of person who sees and appreciates the nuggets of gold, even those which are burried in mounds of worthless dirt.

There is a lot of badness in this world. There's a lot of misfortune, evil, misery, lies, and foolishness in the world, and I could easily dwell on that negativity and let it all weigh me down. But I'd rather sift through it and find the small pieces that are good. I expect that I'd be much happier if I did that. There is a lot of worthless dirt in the world, but there are also so many gold nuggets to find.

No comments: