Saturday, May 14, 2022

Expressing Gratitude

The other day, I talked to my family's kitchen appliances. I thanked them for the work they do for us and for the blessings they bring into our lives. Now, I know that the appliances couldn't hear me. I know that they, unlike people, were incapable of receiving or benefiting from my gratitude. But I, on the other hand, was still better off for expressing it.

Expressing gratitude is a holy act. It's uplifting and heart-changing. Expressing gratitude is a good thing to do, even if no one is around to hear it. We should be grateful for our blessings, and expressing our gratitude is a good way to remind ourselves to be grateful.

I am grateful for the blessings in my life, and I'm grateful for my knowledge of the benefits of being grateful. I should express my gratitude more often, especially (though not exclusively) to those who are able to appreciate it.

No comments: