Saturday, June 25, 2022

"Abandon Challenge"

I'm currently playing a game called Ori and the Will of the Wisps, and I recently ran into a challenge with one of the bosses. At a certain point in the boss fight, the arena fills up with water, and since I can only use my healing move while standing on solid ground, this mean that I couldn't heal. Rather than fight this boss dozens of times, I decided to backtrack and explore other areas first, to gather the resources I needed in order to increase my strength and find alternative methods of healing. According to the game, I "Abandoned [the] Challenge," but that was something I needed to do in order to come back and face the challenge with a better chance of winning.

Sometimes, challenges will prove too much for us, and we will need to improve our strength, skill, and/or strategy before it is wise to try again. That's not quitting, and it's not "Abandon[ing the] Challenge," at least not permanently. It's just recognizing and taking the next necessary step toward overcoming the challenge.

No comments: