Monday, June 6, 2022

Delayed Gratification

I had a plan for today. I'd send a few work-related emails, figure out how I was voting, and then play Mario Kart. I felt that it was important to make the Mario Kart wait until after I was ready to vote, so that would motivate me to get that work done quickly today. That's called Delayed Gratification.

Unfortunately, it didn't quite work out that way. Even without the Mario Kart, I still procrastinated, and I didn't finish making my voting decisions until well into the evening. So, I haven't played Mario Kart today. I might squeeze in a race or two after blogging, but if I don't, I'll have delayed my gratification until some time tomorrow.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. Sure, it would have been nice to get my voting done earlier and have more time to relax afterward, but I still got my work done on time, and I'm relatively satisfied with how I spent my day. And who knows? Maybe tomorrow will go better, especially if I've managed to learn anything from this semi-failed experience with delayed gratification.

No comments: