Sunday, June 19, 2022

Everyone's Father

I've got a strange relationship with Father's Day. I was never very close to my father, and I don't have plans to become a father myself, so Father's Day means almost nothing to me. However, I can still have a relationship with my Heavenly Father, and so can anyone else.

Many people have strained relationships with their fathers or even never knew their fathers, and Father's Day can be rough for them and other people like them, but we all have the opportunity to come to know God as our Heavenly Father and start to build a relationship with Him. We can learn more about Him, draw closer to Him, and learn to love Him and feel His love for us.

Regardless of our relationships with our earthly fathers, we can have a loving, familial relationship with our Heavenly Father. Even when not everyone has an earthly father in their lives, God Himself can be a Heavenly Father to everyone.

No comments: