Saturday, June 18, 2022

Happy to Help

I'm very bad at accepting help, let alone asking for it, but as manipulative as this may sound, maybe I should start seeing them as opportunities to help. I occasionally say that I'm "happy to help," and that's usually true. I often enjoy helping others, or at least, I enjoy the feeling of being helpful. But the thing is, I'm not the only person who feels that way. There are others, perhaps many others, who would gladly help the people they care about in exchange for nothing but the knowledge that they were able to help them. And perhaps some of those people would actually want to help me. And if people actually want to help, perhaps we ought to give them the opportunity.

I want to help people, and I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised that some people actually want to help me. We should all seek opportunities to help each other, and we should make such opportunities available to those who seek them. It can sometimes feel awkward to ask for help, but I'm happy to help, and I suppose I should open the door for others to help me, too, if they want to.

Some people are truthfully happy to help, and as hard as it is to accept help, sharing opportunities to help can be a way to share the happiness of helping.

No comments: