Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Taking Care of Business

I just spent the last few hours taking care of business. This included pet care, cleaning, doing dishes, doing food prep, coordinating upcoming activities, and even a bit of plumbing. It was a lot of work, especially for this late at night. But I was happy to do it. It was satisfying and rewarding, and much of it went about as successfully as anyone could have hoped. I'm proud of what all I accomplished over the last few hours, and, given the chance, I'd do it again.

There's a certain kind of empowering satisfaction that comes from doing good work, and that satisfaction can sometimes be empowering enough to motivate additional work, sometimes leading to a chain of successful labor. It's rare for this to happen, and the work still requires physical energy, which requires rest to replenish, but if one times their efforts right, they can use the satisfaction of one job well done to motivate them to take on the next task. That's what happened to me tonight, and I'd love to learn how to do it again.

No comments: