Saturday, December 17, 2022

I Need to Let This Go

You know what? I really need to let this go. There's something that happened months ago, and it's been bothering me for the last few weeks, and it's gotten to the point where I either need to have an open, honest, private, preferably calm and quiet conversation about it, or I need to just let it go. The negative emotions I feel about what happened aren't doing me any good, and I'm too pessimistic to believe that a conversation would do any good, either, so I need to just let it go. I need to forget about what happened, or at least get over my negative feelings about it. Granted, this will be easier said than done, but for the sake of my own emotional well-being, I need to stop caring so much about what happened. I need to be more stoic about it. The past and other people are outside of my control; I shouldn't let them bother me. Instead, I should control myself and my emotions, even in difficult circumstances. Again, easier said than done, but it'll be worth it. My own inner peace will be worth the effort of purging the negative emotions that are disturbing it.

No comments: