Wednesday, December 21, 2022

The Perennial Predicament

Every year, during the holiday season, many people have to juggle two or more sets of family and other obligations. They have to choose with whom they have Thanksgiving dinner, which Christmastime events they attend, and where they are when they ring in the New Year. Many people have multiple places they'd like to be and multiple groups of people they'd like to be with, but no one can be in two places at once. Every year, people have to make hard decisions, and no matter what they choose, someone's going to feel hurt. All we can do is try to minimize that hurt.

Over the next few days, I'm going to spend as much time as I can with as much of my family as I can, and hopefully a friend, too. But I won't be able to make it to everything. I just hope that those whom I'll have to miss will be able to understand.

No comments: