Tuesday, January 17, 2023

An Incomprehensible Gift

I've received countless gifts in my life. Between birthdays, Christmases, and occasional "just because"s, I must have received hundreds of gifts over the course of my life. Most of them have long since been used up or worn out. Many of them still see regular use and bring me great joy. Two gifts I've received recently stand out as being especially incredible, nigh incomprehensible. Yet, I have only ever received one truly incomprehensible gift, and I'm not sure I've even fully received it yet.

The Atonement of Jesus Christ is the greatest gift anyone has ever received from anyone. The guarantee of a fully restored, perfect, and immortal body is a great gift on its own, but the Atonement also includes forgiveness and purification. Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we can be cleansed of all our sins and become perfect as He is. Such a gift is truly overwhelming, immeasurable, and incomprehensible.

I've been blown away by the gifts I've been given, and it's so impossible to sufficiently thank my benefactors that I hardly dare to even try. But I know that the one thing my benefactors want me to do with their gifts is to use them well and not let them go to waste. So, I'm going to do my best to use their gifts wisely, responsibly, and well. Their gifts were and are so incredible, it's difficult to imagine that amount of charity, given to one who has done so little to deserve it, but as incomprehensible as their gifts are, I can fully grasp what I'm supposed to do with them. So, I have expressed my deepest gratitude (and will likely do so again), and I pledge to use these gifts well.

No comments: