Sunday, January 1, 2023

The Home Stretch

In many regards, I am in the "home stretch." Tomorrow is the last day of an experience I've been having for the last half-week. Early next month, I'll have completed 10 years of almost daily blogging. And by the end of the year, I'll have completed 10 years of tutoring experience and possibly have filled out the forms required to officially graduate college with a degree or two. I'm not entirely sure what I'll do when I cross these finish lines. Perhaps, in at least some cases, I'll do more of the same. But change is inevitable and often beneficial. In at least some of these cases, when I've reached those milestones, my circumstances and behavior will change.

I'm not sure how to feel about these endings and/or potential endings. Accomplishments can be satisfying and relieving, but new challenges, including the challenge of figuring out what's next, can be daunting. For now, I'll choose to focus on the satisfaction and relief of crossing these finish lines, of completing these accomplishments, and of reaching these goals. These 10-year accomplishments are worth celebrating. I plan on rewarding myself for jobs well done. And after that... I'm sure I'll figure something out.

No comments: