Monday, January 9, 2023

Sharing the Load

I sometimes worry about being a burden to others (and about making others feel like they're being a burden on me), but I was recently reminded that we can bear burdens better when we bear them together. In Mosiah, we're reminded to "bear one another’s burdens, that they may be light;" (Mosiah 18:8). Often, one person has strengths that can more easily handle another's load, or one person may have knowledge or ideas that can help resolve another's problems. There are many ways in which one person may more easily bear another's burdens and even more ways in which multiple people can better bear burdens together.

So, perhaps I shouldn't worry so much about whether I'm being a burden to others or whether they're being a burden to me. We were meant to help bear one another's burdens and help each other by sharing the load.

No comments: