Tuesday, January 3, 2023

To Become Stronger

I think I've finally decided on a New Year's Resolution (better late than never, I suppose). I wasn't originally going to do one of these. It seems so arbitrary. Yet, I have a few traits that I'd like to improve on, and there's no time like the present. Essentially, I'd like to become stronger, in almost every sense of the word. I want to get physically stronger through exercise. I want to gain a stronger grip on my emotions. I want to develop the moral strength to stand up for my convictions. I want to be less like air, flying away from my problems, and less like fire, lashing out in the face of them, but more like rock, standing tall and strong, no matter how badly my problems try to beat me down.

It won't be easy. Working out will be painful and difficult, refusing to react to my emotions will sometimes be a challenge, and standing firm by my beliefs will likely lead to some difficult conversations with some people I know. But I want to be strong enough to do those things. I want weakness to stop being a reason I do what I do and don't do what I don't do. I want to be strong enough to do what's right, regardless of previous physical and emotional limitations. I want to have the courage and the power to do what's right.

So, that's what I'm going to be working on for the next while or so. I've been too weak for too long. Now I am going to attempt to become physically, emotionally, and morally strong.

No comments: