Monday, January 23, 2023

"Slowly and Lightly, One Step at a Time"

I just read a good quote on Facebook, attributed to Daniell Koepke, "You don't have to solve your whole life overnight. And you don't have to feel ashamed for being where you are. All you have to focus on is one small thing you can do today to get you closer to where you want to be. Slowly and lightly, one step at a time. You can get there."

I needed this reminder. I frequently need this reminder. There are times when I feel so frustrated, so burnt out, so far from where I want to be. This reminds me that it's okay to slow down, to pace myself, to take life "Slowly and lightly, one step at a time."  Eternal progress is progress with an eternal perspective. So long as there is progress toward our eternal goal, that can be enough. I don't need to agonize over not making progress quickly enough. Any progress is progress, and any rate of progress, multiplied by eternity, is infinite.

So, I'm doing well enough. I don't have to get frustrated at my lack of progress, and I don't have to feel ashamed for not being perfect yet. I'll get there, slowly and lightly, one step at a time.

No comments: