Friday, April 19, 2013

The Good News

So, here's the good news:

Mom cooks delicious BBQ chicken.

Despite getting a piece of chicken stuck in my tubes, I maintained my ability to breathe.

Joe was wise enough to call for help, and he knew who to call.

Kaiser has an excellent medical advice hotline.

Sister Foell was amazing for being willing to drop everything and give me a ride to Kaiser.

Joe was kind enough to come with me.

Through the miracle of cell phones, I was able to contact Mom and let her know what was going on.

We were able to express love for each other. You know, just in case.

The Kaiser Emergency Room has a very pleasant Welcome sign in front of it. I felt welcome.

Everyone at Kasier were super friendly and had a great sense of humor. They were really good sports about the situation.

They saw me quickly. (Hopefully implying that there weren't many people who were seriously hurt.)

They gave me some soda. (Though I did have to spit it out afterward. It still tasted good.)

We went for a nice walk from one Kasier building to another. Fresh air. Sunshine. Really nice.

My hospital room had an awesome view from from the window.

It also has the most impressively high-tech toilet I ever sat on.

My Mom came over as soon as she got home, even though I'm sure she was tired.

There was a TV in my room, including a channel with soothing music and nature scenes.

There was also a game show channel, which was fun to watch.

The doctors and nurses explained everything quite clearly.

When it was time for the procedure, they were very professional.

They were also quite accommodating when I needed to spit or drool.

It felt kinda cool to be hooked up to all those machines.

Thanks to the meds, I feel asleep before anything gross or painful happened.

When I came to, the procedure was over and they let my family back in.

I get pretty funny when I'm loopy on drugs.

My family waited with me, even though I'm sure they were hungry and tired.

The hospital didn't keep me overnight.

I was able to dress myself when it was time to go.

Joe pushed me in a wheelchair because I was still loopy.

He also got me a blanket when I lay down in the living room.

I slept rather soundly last night on our wonderful Costco futon.

I woke up this morning.

I'm still able to drink fluids, do laundry, blog, and do many other things.

I had, and am having, an experience that can bring me closer to God.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

How proud I am of your lack of whining.

What Andrew fails to mention is that after the procedure, he was in considerable discomofort from the scraping and from a condition of his esophagus of which we were unaware and which will now be treated.

Good Blessing Counting!