Saturday, April 27, 2013

Trust Scriptures

Good morning! I'm in another rush today, so I'm just gonna make this a quick one. Here's my plan: I'll find a couple of scriptures that talk about Trust in God (I already have one or two in mind), then I'll quote them, probably comment on them, and hopefully learn from them. Sound good? Let's get started!

2 Nephi 4:34
O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh; for I know that cursed is he that putteth his trust in the arm of flesh. Yea, cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm.

Well, I already don't trust myself, so I guess I have a head start there.

Isaiah 12:2
Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

That's some faith! Also, it reminds me of a great song. =)

Psalm 18:2
The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

More amazing faith, and a few awesome analogies. I should should copy this down and use it for the caption for a picture I should draw using the descriptions in this verse.

I just did, and it looks AMAZING! I need to copy the image and post it on here somehow, but I don't have time now.

Now I need to, very quickly, post the two scriptures I was thinking of.

Alma 36:3
And now, O my son Helaman, behold, thou art in thy youth, and therefore, I beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day.

Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

And with that, I must go. I am running late.

No comments: